Thursday, March 29, 2012

WoW!

It has been a lifetime since I last blogged. And I mean that pretty literally, as I've added another life to my family. Instead of being an insecure new mom to one infant boy (as I was at last post), I am a full-fledged, mom of 2 boys! They are the loves of my life and at times also the worst part of my day, but that's to be expected when I'm with them ALL the time (like literally they're usually there when I shower).

Today, I am on day 11 of my 14 day fast with my church, Berean Christian Church. I have fasted before with my church, but never have I felt as spiritually awake and in tuned with God as during this one. I've been reading the word more and actually making connections to my life. I am so in love with God right now! I am definitely going through some fast-worthy trials, but this fast has helped me to see that this was God's perfect timing. I wish He'd let me see that almighty clock sometimes!

Of course I am totally tired of the vegan diet ( I need cheese!) but the scale thanks me and makes this journey even more worth it. It also helps that my husband and mother are participating too, so I have people to talk to about the daily scriptures, food temptations and our growth throughout the process. Making chicken nuggets for the kids today was soo difficult! My 1 year old tried to feed me a bite of his and I almost gave in. Not sure if it was the sweet smile or the processed meat itself :-) but I resisted.

Tomorrow is a new day in many ways. I pray it is a good day as today wasn't the best.

"And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." -Mark 9:29

No comments:

Post a Comment