Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On this day in 2009


So the minute I decide to continue the healthy eating that my fast started, I’m consumed by fast food cravings! For today I was able to resist and only eat the fast approved foods that I’d been eating for the past 2 weeks. I keep reminding myself that I’ll probably be pigging out on the weekend and then again next weekend when I hit the Big Apple!

Today marks the day that I was admitted to the hospital to have my labor induced. Even then, he was stubborn and refused to emerge into the world on anyone’s schedule but his own.This weekend, my oldest turns 3 years old! He seems to already be wise beyond that age and he’s quite the handful. We “argue” every day. What I mean by that is, he constantly tests my set boundaries and tries to weasel his way around time-outs and veggies. He challenges me beyond anything I could have predicted and wears me down more times than I’d like to admit. My love for him has evolved from his birth to now. I can’t imagine how our relationship will change as he does. I love his spirit. He is fearless and inquisitive. He is observant and imaginative. I love him to the moon and back times infinity.

I have never prophesied in my life, but with this child of mine, I see specific things happening in his future. In addition, I see our emotional battles and personality clashes, but mostly I see our relationship as one to behold. There’s a bond between a first born child and a mom that is indescribable, confusing and wholly satisfying. I love what I’ve created and love the moments when he shows he loves me back J

No comments:

Post a Comment